Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Morality of Work and Wealth



I think that it is perfectly fine for other people to be wealthier than others. Some of those people had to work to get to where they are today, but then there are some that didn’t. But, for the people that worked to get wealthy, I think they deserve it. Nobody that worked to get where they are shouldn’t have to be put down for being wealthier than their next door neighbor.

Some people think that the wealthy people should give back to the community because of how much money they have. I agree with that to an extent. Yes, I think that would be great for them to give back and use some of that money for others. But then again, you can’t tell people what to do with their own money. They have to decide whether or not to take that step themselves. If I were wealthy I would give some of my money to my family, help out the homeless, donate to charities, and even more. But that’s what I would do, not what other wealthy people would do. Some, probably just want to keep it all to themselves. Which that sounds a little selfish to me. I mean people don’t have to give out all their money to the community but at least help out your family members and what not.

I think it’s totally okay for some people to be wealthier than others. People just have to work for it. Money and success isn’t just going to be given to you. But there are ways to getting wealthy that I don’t completely agree on. You don’t want to be the type of person to walk all over people just to get yourself to the state that you want to be in. Their humans too so I don’t think that’s the right way to go about it. Neither is losing yourself. What I mean by that is changing who you are to become wealthy. Some people, become very selfish and stuck up. I don’t think that’s a proud way to become successful. Another way some people can be is acting like they are higher than the people around them. So they might talk down to someone than actually talking to them like they are just like you. That’s another way that people should not go about the situation that they are in. Everyone’s human, who cares if you’re the CEO of a company that’s great and all but that doesn’t mean that you’re better than anyone else.

Overall I think that it’s normal and okay for people to be wealthier than others because they probably had to work to where they are today. But I do think there are moral limits that people have to live by when they are becoming wealthy. Like walking all over people is something that you should not do. And, acting stuck up is wrong as well. If you just stay the same person you did before your success, you’ll be better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment