Thursday, April 2, 2015

Is the Family a Legitimate Form of Government?



Is the family a legitimate form of government? I definitely think so and I don’t understand why anybody would disagree. There are so many reasons why families should count as a form of government.

One of the reasons is that families create their OWN rules in their households. When you visit your friend’s house do you ever notice that they might have slightly different rules than what you might go by at your household? That alone just proves that each family is their own government. I don’t think that’s bad thing either. Your parents enforce rules that they expect you to abide by when you’re living under their roof. Which, to me, is what governments do with a whole population. When families have rules in their households I think the living space is less chaotic.

Another reason is that families have a choice to educate their own children instead of sending them off to public school. Either way is perfectly fine it just depends on what the family wants. But I am homeschooled and there are a ton of kids just like me that are schooled from home! So that means there are more rules to go by just like when other kids go to public school. Some people think that homeschoolers don’t get up early and they can sleep in all the time and they can do whatever they want. But that is completely not true at all. Yes, I have slept in a lot but there are times where I have slept in and noticed that I barely have any time to complete all my schoolwork. So now I wake up earlier and get it done. Here is where the family creates rules for the schooling part of the household. One of the rules that I have to go by is that my schoolwork is my TOP priority. That means, I HAVE to get it all my work done before I go off and do any leisure, fun activities. Which, I personally love this rule. I don’t want to push off my work because for the rest of the day it will hang over my head that I have to get it done. If I get all my work done beforehand, I can enjoy my leisure time much better. So for homeschoolers, it’s not a free for all where we can do whatever we want. The family has to create some ground rules for the household to go by.

Families can also make their own choices in many areas of their life. Like for religion. You might be Christian and your friend’s family might be Jewish. That just shows that all families can make their own choices not based on what other families decide. And your choices shouldn’t effect who you are friends with.  Whatever makes each household happy is what matters. Families can also make their own food choices. For example, my family chooses to eat as healthy as we can. Yes, we have some junk food here and there but we don’t eat it all the time. That’s our choice. As a family. But, that doesn’t mean that we should make everyone do everything our way. Because we should consider the other families as a different government that makes their own choices.

Overall, families can make their own rules, educate themselves, and they can make their own choices. Now does that sound like a government to you? I think it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment