Monday, April 20, 2015

Book of the Month: White Fang

 


Here is my first post for my new series! So as you can probably guess by the title of the new button on my blog or this post, I will be reading books and the book I finish within the month I will write a review about it! I love reading and so I thought this would be a fun thing for me to do on my blog. So lets jump right into this short book review on what I thought about White Fang.

To me, at first the book started out kind of slow. There were two men that had a pack of sled dogs and they were out in the wilderness when they realized that they were slowly losing their pack. The men later realized that there was a wolf close by that collected all the dogs. Unfortunately, the dogs died. That was the introduction to this book that was all about wolves.

Getting further into the book there was a newborn named White Fang and he went through many struggles throughout the story. He was originally with his mother but they got separated and that was just one of the toughest areas of his life. He moves through tribes and gets bought, and throughout this he is slowly disliking the humans. But yet, he still stayed loyal to them because he thought that that was his duty.

One thing that made me cringe throughout the book was the amount of animal cruelty. It's very sad to know that the incidents that happened in this story, happen all the time in real life. For example, White Fang gets bought by this man named Beauty Smith. But, Beauty Smith did not purchase him for the right reasons. This evil man bought White Fang to force him in fights with other dogs. That had him making money because of the bets that people would make. During this time is when White Fang was at his most vicious state. He would rip his opponents apart and win every time. But I knew that that was only because he was forced to be like that.

During that part of the story is when I least liked it. I love all animals and its terrible to picture them going through that torture. Luckily, there was a man that saved White Fang from no longer fighting.

I'm not going to tell you any details on the story or what the ending was like but all I can say is that I did like the ending. White Fang had a pleasant ending with many people there to support him. I loved how the wolf's character changed throughout the book. Personally I think from all the tough and terrible times White Fang went through, he definitely deserves that happy ending.

I'll let you read the book and find out what happy ending White Fang received and how he got there. I think that it showed that even though your life may seem tough right now there's always a way to turn it around and there will be positivity coming your way in the future. White Fang went through a lot, and I think some of the things were not so positive, but there were kind people who came into his life that changed that. I also think that it shows how smart the animals are and we should give them more credit. If you got the chance to read this book let me know your thoughts on it by commenting on this blog post! Thanks for reading!!

1 comment: