Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Three Things I Can Change to Use Time Better



There are things in my daily life that kind of slow me down with being more productive but I do have to recognize those distractions and cut them off to help me focus. I think everybody has that problem because there are other things that people would rather be doing than work. But work (of course) has to get done. I am going to explain three things that are a pretty big distraction for me and three ways that I could change that. Yes, it’s going to be hard for me to accomplish getting these NOT to be a distraction for me but I have to try my best.

One of the first things is technology. Now, I’m not saying my computer because I need my computer to complete my schoolwork, but I’m talking about my phone, television, etc. Those things personally can distract me very easily. The simple thing to help that situation is to turn them off. Of course, (easy as it sounds) that’s kind of hard for me. But another good way that I thought of is if I am going for the TV remote then I could just put it in a drawer so it’s not where I could see it. Then, if I’m doing something productive, I won’t think about turning the TV on so much because it isn’t in the vicinity. For my phone, that’s kind of a different story. I really kind of don’t want to turn that off because I also use it for emergencies. So, I have to really tell myself not to go on it because that could distract me for a really long time. Another great way for me to think about is if I get all my schoolwork done, I’ll be able to go on it! So that could be a great thing to look forward too. That goes for the television too because you can do all the fun stuff you want after your all finished with your schoolwork.

One of my struggles is math. My Mom says I’m pretty good at it but sometimes I have a lot of trouble understanding it. When I don’t understand something or I don’t get it right then I kind of stress about it. I start thinking about it too much and then I start getting setback. So for example if I did a math problem, and I got it wrong, then I somewhat give up. I don’t want or mean to give up I just do it automatically. I’m going to set a goal to not give up and try my best to figure it out. If I don’t get it right even then, I tries my best so that’s all anybody could ask for. It just means I have to go back and really get an explanation on how to do it. So basically, I want to just keep going even if I hit a few bumps on my path and see if I can understand that math lesson before I give up at all.

The last problem I face with not using my time as good as I should is taking my time. I face this one specifically more than the others. Usually I tend to take my time through each subject and that could be good to some extent. It’s good to take your time to fully understand what you’re learning but it’s not so good when you’re doing it for no reason. Sometimes I do it to fully understand stuff but a lot of times I take my time for no reason and I don’t even realize I’m doing it. Like it math, my Mom notices that I drag the lesson on for a while and sometimes, I don’t even realize it. To change this so I can manage my time better I am going to really pay attention to how much time I spend on things. Maybe I can even put a stopwatch on (which is on my phone) and I’ll look at it every once and a while to really notice how much time I’m actually spending on each subject.

Those are the three things that I can change to use my time better and from now on I really want to focus on these goals and achieve them on a daily basis. Now that I have told you my three things, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment