Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Signaling Devices You Should Have in Your Ready Pack



There are many different signaling devices you can use and have for your ready pack. The only question is what devices are the best to have? I will answer that to what I personally think would be the best devices to have in your ready pack for signaling.

The first signaling device is a mirror. If you can’t bring a mirror bring a credit card. I say this because you can reflect those things from the sun and flash it towards any passing airplane in the sky. This is to me one of the best ways to signal somebody in the air because if you constantly keep flashing them they will think that it is not a normal thing to happen and they might look your way. Plus, this means of signaling does not need a ton of energy so if you are injured or exhausted you can still signal for help.

The next signaling device I think is a really good thing to have in your ready pack is a whistle.  This means of signaling can notify people who are in the surrounding area. If other people hear it constantly, again they will think it is not normal for that noise to happen and they might travel towards your way or get other means of help for you.

Another device for signaling that is one of the best is an ELT device. This signaling method just like the first one that I mentioned doesn’t require a ton of energy to use it. It is an automatic device to notify others that you need help right away so I think if you have an opportunity to bring something like this with you on a hike or something like that I would take it with me just to be safe.

Those are some of the signaling devices I think would be the best to have in your ready pack. It is always good to bring signaling items like this just in case because some people think that it won’t happen to them and they won’t get lost, but it just might happen and you need to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment