Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Artsy Picture of The Week: Homemade Play Dough!

I recently found out how to make play dough without having to use the stove or cream of tartar. I didn't have cream of tartar so I had to find out a different way to make it. These are the ingredients I used:
The list of ingredients I used:
  • All Purpose Flour
  • Table Salt
  • Food Coloring (colors of your choice)
  • Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
  • Water
This is how I created the play dough:
  1. Get out some bouls (depending on how many colors of play dough you are going to make so for example I made 4 different colored doughs so I used 4 bowls).
  2. You will need 1 cup of water and divide it into fourths so I did 1/4 cup in each of my 4 bowls.
  3. Now you get to add your food coloring! It does not matter how many drops of color it all depends on how dark or light you want the color of the play dough to be.
  4. Now in total you will need 2 tablespoons of canola oil/vegetable oil so I divided mine by half a tablespoon in each bowl.
  5. Next you will need a separate large mixing bowl to mix your dry ingredients.
  6. Put 4 cups of your flour into your mixing bowl.
  7. Then add in 1 1/2 cup of salt (this will make your dough last longer).
  8. Stir the ingredients in the mixing bowl up!
  9. From your flour/salt mixture add a cup to each of the colors your making.
  10. Finally mix each colored mixture together until you can form them into balls.
This is what they came out looking like:
This was so much fun to make! When I was doing my schoolwork I even realized I was playing with the play dough! I hope you make your own dough too because it is a ton of fun! I hope you enjoyed this week's artsy picture post!

No comments:

Post a Comment