Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Transported Into The 80's



Unfortunately I must have bumped my head really hard and I can’t even remember how. Everything seems different, really different. I wasn’t exactly sure where I was. But I was determined to find out.

When I was walking around I saw everyone outside just hanging out and having fun. I noticed that all of the people were wearing slightly different clothing. All of the girls had scrunchies in their hair… (I didn’t think anyone wore those anymore). I was still walking around in a daze but everyone was so friendly, they all greeted me and asked if I wanted to hang out or play with them. I said no thanks up until I saw this one girl all alone.

I went up to her and I asked her what was wrong. At first she didn’t say anything she just looked really sad. Sooner or later she started talking to me and explained that everyone else had friends to play with all day when she didn’t have any. I told her that it was her lucky day because she could hang out with me. Of course I had to ask her her name so I knew what to call her. Her name was Michelle.

We started to just stroll together and she noticed that I looked a little flustered. I kept asking her a lot of questions on what everyone is doing because I wasn’t use to all these people always outside. She said this is what everybody always does and it’s not odd. Well, I thought it was.

Michelle later invited me over to her house. I was surprised because she just met me and I didn’t think that she would ask such a thing this quick. She said we normally go back home until the streetlights come on. Well that seemed weird to me because I would never be let out of the house all by myself for that long. I guess it was a custom of some kind.

Once we got to her house her parents welcomed me like an old friend of theirs. They were all so very nice. Michelle and I started to get bored and I recommended that we watch some television and just relax. 

Michelle was surprised but at first I didn’t really understand why. So I thought that I can show her one of my all time favorite shows “Once Upon A Time” on ABC. She looked at me like I was crazy. She asked me what kind of show that was. I decided it would be best to show her. We turned on the television and it turns out there were only a few channels on their TV! That was odd because whenever someone had TV there would be over 100 channels on there. We eventually trashed that idea of watching TV.

Michelle said that she thought I was acting a bit weird. I decided to ask a really odd question because as I said before, I was determined to figure out where I was. She said that it was 1985. That answered my question completely. I really did hit my head way too hard. She recommended that we both should get some sleep so we headed up to her bedroom.

She laid out a sleeping bag for me. Michelle started to ask where I lived and if we should probably bring me home instead. I said that it was okay and I texted my parents that I was sleeping over a friend’s house even though I actually didn’t. It was at that point that I forgot that kids back then didn’t use cell phones so before she asked me what that was I just said that I already contacted them.

Before both of us went to bed Michelle said something that made my night. She explained that today was the best day ever because she had a friend to spend it all with. Then we both went to sleep with a smile on both of our faces.

I slowly started to wake up and I noticed that I was now in my own bed in my own room. My Mom came into my room and said that one minute she saw me in the kitchen and then she comes up and sees me waking up in my bed. I got up all of a sudden and the first thing I asked is what year it was. She answered puzzled why I would ask such a thing and said that it was 2014. I was confused on what happened but I will never forget going back in the 80’s and meeting my friend Michelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment