Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My Mentor

Assignment: The early church fathers shaped the early church by their teachings and the example of their lives. Who is someone you know who has shaped you by their teaching or example? Explain why this person has had such an important impact on your life.


The person who has shaped me by their teaching and examples is my Mom. I look up to her so much and she is the greatest mentor around! I learn a lot from her that can prepare me for my own future. There are so many reasons why my Mom has impacted my life.

One reason is that my Mom is independent, since I look up to her she starts to form me to be an independent women. She stands up to what she believes in and when I’m older I hope to be like her in that way too.

My Mom is so caring that even when she, herself isn’t feeling well she will still put a smile on her face so she doesn’t let anyone feel down as well. I think that is great in a way because she cares about how other people feel. That is why I try to give back to her for all the things she has done for me. But, to be honest, nothing can repay her for what she has done for me in my life. That’s why when I grow up I want to have kids that I can take care of to cherish and love just like she has done for me.

Another thing she is caring about is going out of her way for other people. One time we went out to eat at a local diner and there was this man that was eating right across from us. He looked like he wasn’t having the greatest day so my Mom paid for his meal as we were leaving the restaurant. But she didn’t want him to be told who paid for it, just hoping that one day he pays it back to somebody else. I hope to do that one day because I would love to do a random act of kindness to somebody because it makes me feel good that I helped somebody else out. You always want to treat people the way you want to be treated. Yes, there are some bad people in the world but we all can overcome that by bringing peace to each other. These are the types of life lessons that I learn from my Mom. 

Then there is homeschooling. Yep! She got me into homeschooling to help me excel in my academics because she wants me to be a smart, independent young lady just like she is, and I thank her for that. Yes, we do have some arguments here and there but we walk away from each other to regroup and then come back and apologize or recognize what we did wrong or compromise if there is a problem that we need to fix together. To be honest, I can never be mad at my Mom for a long period of time because she is so sweet and funny (in a good way) to hang out with, and I love her for that!

Another reason that my Mom is somebody that I look up to is that she calms me down. A few years ago my Grandfather passed away and I would cry over and over again for a long period of time because I was very close to him. My Mom would lay down with me and snuggle with me and tell me that he is still with us in our hearts. I still think about him all the time but again, I always have my Mom to go to for comfort.

These are the reasons why my Mom is the person in my life that is my mentor and has impacted me throughout every day. I could probably write a whole book about just her because that is how much she has done for me, but this was just a little piece in the puzzle about my amazing mentor!


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Cassidy! Lovely blog! I really love this essay. Aren't moms great? Hey check out my blog @ http://thepanhandlerorhismelody.blogspot.com/. I'm also a Ron Paul Curriculum student. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, Moms are great!! I will also be sure to check out your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete